Monthly Meeting of the Shire

Geneviève had fun learning how to make
 chain mail  at the meeting tonight.  
Tonight was the monthly meeting of our shire, Shadowdale.    I had our name documentations mostly in order, and so I was able to come home and fill out our name submission forms.   So pending approval, we are Ségnat ingen Fháeláin,  Morcant Hir and our 16 year-old daughter, Darian,  is Geneviève  d’Angers.   We aren't quite sure how we will explain why the 15th Century French lady is hanging out with us but she takes French at school and was interested in pursuing a French persona.


While, I watched Geneviève working on the chain mail at the meeting tonight, I realized that I am really going to have to figure out a way to connect her to workshops.  We are kind of winging it as far as learning  how to do things.  She is very much interested in the hands on aspect of the SCA.  


 I did find  that a neighboring shire, Deodar,  hosts a farble most Tuesday evenings and I heard rumors of  a Sunday archery practice which will make Morcant happy.    Hopefully, we will be able to ways to become involved locally; rather than having to travel all the time.   That isn't always practical for a family. 


It seems like most of Calontir is off to Lilies this coming week, but I didn't feel as though we were ready for an event of that nature.   I am thinking we might start with the Raid  or Trade in Des Moines, this July.  We are familiar with that site because our dance troup has performed at the Renaissance Faire held at the site in September. 


Comments