Unfinished Projects


I have been trying to find some SCA blogs to get a feel for what kinds of projects other people are working on and I have been following Konstantia Kaloethina.   She is doing something that I have needed to do for awhile now.

 She is clearing out a backlog of unfinished projects. 

I  think that's a great idea, because I also have a lot of things I have started and stuck in boxes.  Mostly because some thing were too much of a downer to work on when I knew I wasn't using them any time soon. I know a lot of them right now because  I just went through and inventoried all of the SCA related things I need to do before we start back to events, or just to make space to start more projects!

I will come back and get these crossed off and post about them as I get them done.

1.My device   I registered my name back in 2012, and I have one drawn up. I just need to talk to a herald and get the paperwork filled out if it is okay.

2. I have a leather bag I started making a long time ago that is cut out and needs to be finished.

3. I have some wooden bowls that I  picked up at a thrift store, that I want to sand down, woodburn a design on,  and add to our feast gear.  I also have some wood chargers for plates  in the feast gear that I would like to make match the bowls.
 I still haven't figured out what to do to
make the tent less boring, either. .

4. Speaking of feast gear,  I have several pieces of pottery stashed, which have been loved too much and have chips which I need to patch and repair.  I am going to try one really heroic save of a mug with a handle.

 5. We have two bog chairs cut out that need to be sanded, wood burned and stained.  We need to make two more.

6.  I traced some of the plants in my replica of Gerard's herbal to tracing paper and bought a light table so that I could trace them on to fabric to be embroidered.

7.  I have a lot of muslin that I bought at a sale to make bags for food and towels.

8.  I have some  boring blog-related things I want to do.  In my OneNote I have a really, really long glossary that I have been adding to as I come across new words.  I want to edit that for brevity and put it on a page here.  I have some sources in my Zotero to add to my bibliography pages.

Comments